Any time the weather changes, it’s important to re-evaluate your hair care and skin care needs. Since the winter is now firmly upon us, I’ve made some slight suggestions to my regular regimen that I usually use during the spring and summer months.
- Shampoo once a week with Ouidad Ultra Nourishing Cleansing Oil
- Do a second shampoo another halfway through the week with Mitch Double Hitter 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner by Paul Mitchell due to heavier use of oils and pomades during the dryer months
- Doing a quick conditioning treatment with Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture Conditioner
- Detangle using Ouidad Double Detangler (it’s great for dense hair types)
- Rinse out conditioner
- Use Curly Kinks Satin Roots Leave in Conditioner (they offer a new extra-large pump bottle which is awesome!)
- Briefly run my hair through the shower stream
- Style by raking in Curly Kinks Coil Jam (natural styling gel)
- When hair is about 50% dry, spray a little Ouidad Mongogo Oil in my hands and smooth on my ends
There you have it! That’s my Winter 2014 regiment (so far). I’m sure as the season continues to change some of these products will get placed on the shelf while I try out newer products.
How have you changed your regimen for the winter? How do you maintain healthy, moisturized hair when the weather is so dry and cold?