I happen to believe that even for the burliest of men, guys should always work to develop a regular grooming routine. Obviously, people will always have their own personal preferences on how far to take this but everyone, male or female, enjoys someone who takes care of themselves. So if you’re a guy on the fence (or if your loved one is on the fence about grooming) then take a look at these quick reasons why you should step up your grooming routine.
- Grooming is hygienic. This is a big one. While in times past grooming was considered a luxury or too time consuming for guys, these days that’s simply not the case. Brushing your teeth and cleaning your nails are just some of the biggies here. Build up of bacteria and germs can wreak havoc on your body and even cause infection if you’re not careful. Oh and don’t forget your feet. Dry, cracked feet are not a good look on anyone…seriously.
- It will get you paid. Most people know by now that well-dressed and well-groomed men are more likely to be given promotions at work and are overall looked upon as more favorably by their superiors in the workplace. A little shaving and smart styling can go a long way to make you more money in the long run.
- Your confidence will grow. Past studies have shown that people who take time to regularly groom also have higher self-esteem. So if you need a little pick me up to kick-start your confidence, take some time to head to a local barber or hairstylist to refine or get a new do!
- You develop a personal style. For men, growing facial hair is a rite of passage. Trying out different options and combonations of lengths will show you what works well for you and what doesn’t. This process of trial and error will lead you to developing a signature style that you can coordinate with your hair and fashion sense to give you an overall personal image that sets you apart from the next guy. Don’t be afraid to switch it up! Guys with a sense of personal style, no matter what it is, stand out way more than those who don’t. Just don’t try too hard or you’ll end up looking like “that guy”.
- It shows people you care. For better or for worse, we live in a world where public image (or your persona), is essential to facilitating the start of relationships. Whether it be a business dinner with a new potential client, a date, or a job interview, stepping up your grooming game will show others that you care about what they think and value yourself enough to offer your best look to the world.
So what’s to lose?