I don’t consider myself a fashionisto by any means but lately I have been thinking about taking some more risks when it comes to my personal style. I’m really a casual, classic, kind of guy and wear a decent pair of jeans on most days but every now and then I get a little inspiration to step outside my comfort zone a little bit and try something new. Here are my thoughts on some of the Spring 2012 men’s fashion trends based on info from Men’s Vanity.
Some of my favorites:
- Blue Hues – Apparently bold blues (and neons) are in the season, so I’m sure we will all see plenty in our local chains and department stores.
- Monochromatics – An outfit of all one color? I don’t know if I can pull it off but I’m sure there are guys out there who can.
- Scarves- As I’ve grown older I’ve gained more appreciation for scarves and ties. I think choosing a cool pattern or color is a good way for a guy to spice up an otherwise traditional look. Scarves are a quick way to change up any casual outfit.
Some of my passes:
- Plaid – Yes, I have plaid in my closet but I’ve grown tired of walking into a store and only being able to buy t-shirts or plaid. I am not a lumberjack.
- Oversized Pants – As I’ve gotten older I have started to move past the whole baggy pants thing, but I don’t really enjoy skinny pants either. I will say that your choice should also reflect your body type. In my opinion, straight leg jeans are always a keeper.
- The Purse – Apparently designers are trying to sell us the idea that hand bags are hot. I will quickly pass on this one.
Since New York has decided that Winter has pretty much already come and gone, I’ve already invested in a lighter weight jacket and I’m looking forward to trying out some bolder colors this season. Why not, right?