A few weeks ago I posted a few tips from Dr. Oz on men’s health called 25 Men’s Health Tips from Dr. Oz Pt. 1. Here’s Part 2 of Dr. Oz’ tips from Men’s Health. Let’s start with number 16:
16. Keeps Tabs on Your Tab: Watching the way you spend your money can greatly reduce stress, especially in an economy as bad the current one.
17. Enjoy lots of Sex: Enough said!
18. Get checked!: Get to know where your blood pressure, cholesterol, and blood sugar levels lie and aim to drop those. All of which are important indicators for men’s health.
19. Lift Weights: Adding weights to your workout regimen can improve heart health and build muscle mass. If weights aren’t your thing, try using your body’s own weight to your advantage by doing basic push ups or pull ups.
20. Go nuts for nuts: Snacking on nuts throughout the day will help curb your appetite and improve cognitive functioning.
21. Now, grab them: According to Dr. Oz, testicular cancers is the most common cancer among young men. Dr. Oz suggests a once a month check for lumps and bumps.
22. Just dance: Dancing is not only good for physical health but challenging dances are also good for brain activity. Now, you finally have a reason to learn to tango.
23. Break the blockage: Exercising can help lessen the blockage in your arteries which can curb impotence and the risk for heart attacks. I’d call this a win-win.
24. Gain control: Eating out can be difficult when you’re trying to cut back on those extra calories here and there but learning to cook gives you better control over what you put in your body. It’s one of my personal favorite things to do.
25. Get your daily dose: Dr. Oz recommends that guys take a vitamin D supplement to counteract the limited amount of time the average guy spends outside on a daily basis. While I don’t specifically target vitamin D, earlier this year I began to incorporate a daily multivitamin into my routine. I heard a rumor that it also helps your hair grow…go figure!
Weigh in, have you found any of these tips helpful in your personal journey to wellness?